Monday, November 27, 2017

Texas Hill Country

 While most of these pictures are spaced out on my Instagram account, I thought I would put them together to make a nice post about visiting The Hill Country.
All of these pictures are taken in Texas, in a few different towns. Some I spent the night in, and some I just stopped for a couple hours to enjoy. A few of these places take about six hours to drive to from my home, pending traffic.

House Mountain.
I see this one frequently on our way out to hunt.

My baby shot her first buck at 5. While the antlers are mounted in her room, this deer provided meat for our family for the year.

During winter the nights can get cold in The Hill Country, but it makes a beautiful sight. 


This particular year we had snow flurries, and my oldest was trying to catch them on her tongue. We don't often see snow in Houston. Maybe this year since there was a hurricane.

A hat with a hole for my messy bun. I look really weird with a hat and no sunglasses.

One ladybug showed up and started drinking my Diet Dr. Pepper. Then there were a few more happily drinking away, they know a good drink.

Pedernales Falls- Located in Johnson City. Its beautiful, and a great little hiking adventure. Take a hat, and lots of sunscreen and water because it is hot once you get out in the open.

A sister date to Pedernales Falls.
Vacation/ Hill Country Food. Porky's Hamburgers and Onion Rings, in Frederkcburg, and a fried pie from a gas station.


I really love their hamburgers and onion rings.
Hruska's is a nice little store to stop at for a clean bathroom break and some snacks.

Toured a Distillery and sampled some of their whiskeys. Check out Garrison Brothers in Hye.

I don't know if its because we toured on Sunday, or if they always serve whiskey samples in a communion tray.

In Texas we have Pecan Pie vending machines.This one was at Berdoll Pecans in Cedar Creek.














#bejealous #texas #houstongirl #berdollpecans #texashillcountry #shutupandtakemymoney
#texas #foodie #getinmybelly #adulting #jalapenopreserves #texas #passthejelly #carbqueen #twinning #sisterdate #hiking #ladybugs #dietdrpepper #nature  #hillcountry #familyvacation #hunting #houstongirl

1 comment:

  1. #bejealous #texas #houstongirl #berdollpecans #texashillcountry #shutupandtakemymoney
    #texas #foodie #getinmybelly #adulting #jalapenopreserves #texas #passthejelly #carbqueen #twinning #sisterdate #hiking #ladybugs #dietdrpepper #nature #hillcountry #familyvacation #hunting #houstongirl

    ReplyDelete

Gizmo, Our Australian Shepherd

In October 2016 a young Australian Shepherd walked up to my mom's house and sat down. It appeared he had been dropped off there. I broug...