Friday, September 1, 2017

Changing Hair Colors

I enjoy changing the color of my hair frequently.
 The way it happens I will be browsing Pinterest and see a color I love, then another. Before I know it I have booked an appointment with my hair dresser to try my idea of mixing colors.
Naturally my hair is dark brown, and I spent a couple years highlighting to get it to the blonde seen in my photos. The blonde makes it easier to get the fun colors added to my hair.

There comes a time where I get bored with the color or I am ready to go back to blonde so I use one of those hair color hacks you see online.
Mixing equal parts of Vitamin C, Shimmer Lights Conditioner and dish soap. ( I hear Dawn works best but I am allergic to it)
 I mix it all into my hair, put a shower cap on and wait. If I can apply heat it shortens the time, and the color lifts quite a bit. Sometimes I will have to repeat this process a few days or a week later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gizmo, Our Australian Shepherd

In October 2016 a young Australian Shepherd walked up to my mom's house and sat down. It appeared he had been dropped off there. I broug...